Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Drawing a Bright Line

I just ran across this old-ish post on a blog I follow (yet don't read as often as I should.)  Yowza.  I'm not sure that it's a bad thing for non-profit theatre to serve as the "minor leagues" for commercial theatre, but boy howdy do I appreciate the Spartan resolve of Scott Walter's modest proposal:
While I was thinking about this issue and how best to address it, I came up with an idea that absolutely everybody will hate which, if I were an avant garde artist, I would see as proof that it is an excellent idea. And while I acknowledge its likelihood of universal horror, and also the complicated details that would be involved, I am going to share it anyway as a "modest proposal" offered to provoke thought if nothing else.
Go to Scott Walter's blog and be provoked:  An Idea That Everyone Will Hate

No comments:

On the Importance of Comparing Notes

My wife and I were briefly involved in a group that has since become rather infamous for institutionalized abuse. It's a pretty sad comm...